Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Famous Old Dutch in Patong

Anonymously located at Soi Patong Tower, one of the quieter and not-so-crowded side streets in Patong, just off the beach, you'll find The Famous Old Dutch, a small Thai bar and restaurant.

The Thai food at the Dutch is superb, spicy, and perfectly balanced - exactly how Thai food should be prepared and served. Try it!

Introducing Sor Fee, aquaintance from the Similan dive trip, to the delicious food at the Dutch.

Per is trying out one of the hats sold by a local fake-frog-hat-bracelet-dealer. Fake since it's wooden frogs they're selling, not real ones. The dealers (they're all dressed in the same way) circulate around bars and restaurants, trying to make you buy something you have absolutely no need for at all - but since it's so cheap, and you get "special price for you my friend" it's sometimes hard not to... Next time maybe.

An article mentioning The Famous Old Dutch and its restructuring after the tsunami can be found here.

1 comment:

poppy said...

you've got some really nice and clear shots. i enjoyed going through your thailand blog and photos. makes me feel as though I was back there :)

hey, i charge for having my photos posted in your site. especially the not-so-flattering ones!

I visited stockholme last month. Very lovely country you have there. Even with the English pound, I thought things were pretty hefty there. I really do miss being in Asia, you get so much more with very little money.

Buzz me when you come down to London ok :)